New Custom Home III
From start to finish, REID and the homeowner worked closely together to create a finished project that literally brought tears to the homeowners eyes upon completion. This rural build features a rear deck which creates curb appeal and entertainment value that all envy once seen, beautiful finishing touches all completed by REID through consultation with the homeowner, an exterior finish from every angle, a wood burning fireplace in the living room with custom-built shelves on either side that create an exquisite feature that all eyes are drawn to, and an ensuite bathroom with beautiful tile-work throughout.
This eye-catching dream-home is 1,850 square feet of beautiful features and upgrades including:
- Wedi water-proof shower put in place by Reid's qualified installers with 10 mm glass surround and door
- Shingles are a certain style that is made by Landmark with a surpassing life-time warranty. This is used on all of REID's projects.
- Reid completed the drywall, paint, framing, exterior, insulation, concrete preparation. All of this was done in-house by our qualified staff to keep the cost down.
- Napoleon NZ26 high efficiency wood-burning fireplace that can heat up to 2,000 square feet.
- Vault ceiling with a rake wall full of windows to overlook the country landscape and let in the natural light - a perfect room to enjoy that morning coffee.
- Hardwood is a fabulous smoked (not stained) Homerwood Hickory, made in the USA installed and supplied by Action Flooring. Homerwood floors preserve and reveal all of the trees' natural wood characteristics. Hand-crafted using the entire tree, these natural characteristics may include an array of open and filled knots, original markings, distinctive graining, splits and checks, pith and sap, mineral streaks, colour variations and embodied cracks. This product really finished the home off and gave it the comfortable feel the homeowner was after.
- Maple-stained railings with custom painted spindles to match the cabinetry done all on site by REID in-house staff, as per all REID custom homes.
- All closets are built in and MDF custom made on site and painted.
- Carpet was used as floor coverings in bedrooms for comfort on cold winter days.
"Reid Contracting built our 1,850 square foot house and did a great job. His on site (Caleb/Dave) were very easy to work with and accommodating to our change requests. Vinny and crew were very good with ideas and helpful. All subtrades performed their work well and were held to high standards. Our home turned out very beautiful. A big thank you to Vinny and his staff. Note: The stonework is incredible."
Bob & Donna Charette