Gentry Home Builders is seeking a full-time general Skilled Labourer/Carpenter’s Helper to join our team.
Work Location: Edmonton & Surrounding areas. Some out of town jobs.
Wage: TBD depending on experience and knowledge
Workshift: Monday – Friday, optional weekends if required
We are seeking an experienced, physically fit person with a well-rounded knowledge of residential construction work. The successful candidate will provide work and support required to ensure the timely completion of residential construction projects in and around the Edmonton area as well as some out of town jobs. Must be able to operate a variety of equipment and tools (skill saw, miter saw, air gun, etc.).
Experience in each of the following categories is considered a major asset:
- Residential Framing
- Concrete Prep
- Skidsteer Operation
- Accept direction from the Site Supervisor and other more experienced co-workers.
- Participate in good housekeeping rules to ensure a safe and tidy workplace.
- Demolition, cleaning and preparing sites, cleaning up debris.
- Lift heavy loads and navigate through construction job site terrain
- Understand the basic procedures for each stage of building a home and the corresponding tools and site set up required to complete the task for the day.
- Assist in all aspects of home-building process as required.
- Basic understanding of reading and interpreting blueprints.
- Ability to handle all weather conditions
- Good physical condition.
- Direct customer questions or concerns to the most senior company person at the jobs site.
- Must have a valid CLEAN drivers license and reliable vehicle.
- Must have own basic hand tools
- Clean criminal record check
Applicants without related experience will not be considered for this job.
Gentry Home Builders Ltd. is committed to safety. To this end, we continue to create the safest, healthiest work environment possible for our employees and all other personnel affected by our operation.
We would like to thank all of those who apply. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $18.00-$24.00 per hour
- concrete prep: 2 years (Required)
- residential framing: 2 years (Required)
- skidsteer operation: 1 year (Required)
- residential construction: 2 years (Required)