Role: Project Manager
Reporting to Senior Management, the Project Manager will be responsible for overseeing select construction projects on a day-to-day basis from start to finish. Potential to earn well more than $120,000 with profit sharing/incentive compensation based on sales and client growth.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Effectively manage own workforce, equipment, materials and trade contractors to attain targeted profit
- Schedule our-on-site staff and sub-trades, materials, take-offs, deliveries
- Ensure the preparation of accurate quotations on large scale renovations and rebuilds
- Manage project budget/estimate
- Execute projects on BuilderTrend
- Ensure timely and accurate invoicing for each project
- Follow-up on outstanding receivables
- Implement corrective action where necessary to catch up and meet key milestone dates
- Proactively foresee, identify, address and resolve issues and problems as required
- Cost control during construction
- Communicate effectively and efficiently with all stakeholders to establish clear expectations for all phases of the work to be performed
- Manage existing client relationships and foster and grow new relationships with industry partners
- Implement health, safety and environmental procedures on-site
The successful candidate will possess the following qualities:
- Project Management experience for a reputable Custom Home Builder is considered an asset. Applicants who do not have this experience will not be considered for this position.
- Be customer-driven and have a positive attitude
- Have outstanding interpersonal and people management skills
- Will possess a strong overall knowledge of start-to-finish construction covering all aspects of construction
- Experience with cost/time estimating
- Strong knowledge-base of BuilderTrend software considered an asset.
- Minimum 5 years experience managing trades and employees in the residential construction industry
- Minimum 10 years related experience in residential construction in a management role
- Fluent in all new building codes
- Strong computer skills
Gentry Home Builders is committed to safety. To this end, we continue to create the safest, healthiest work environment possible for our employees and all other personnel affected by our operation.
If you have a strong work ethic, want to be part of a high performing team and have a commitment to excellence, please submit your resume.